Thursday, August 7, 2014

My homemade compost - doesn't it look like chocolate sauce with hazelnut bits

Nope It's actually about five months of decomposing layers of leaves, egg shells, veggie peelings, newspapers.

I bought an old battered drink dispenser for S$5.80 from cashconverters, which is an Ozzie second hand shop with branches in Singapore.  I remembered that guy wouldn't sell it to me for $5 even though it looked like shit already.

I did dispense some gross liquid for the first two weeks, and the top of the surface looked and smelled really disgusting. So I left it in a corner of the kitchen balcony and forgot about it, only now and then kicking it by accident while sweeping the floor.

Quite happy with the results though it took really long. I should fill it to the brim next time and stir continuously so I can get more compost next time. This time I only got enough for one cup. *Sad*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!