Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lantana - Masochistic beautiful "weed"

Mr Bear was like, "what? You killed another lantana again?"

"Yes, I don't get it. I water it and fertilize it regularly. In fact, this time the lantana died after I fertilized it."

"Lantana is like a weed. You're not supposed to water or fertilize it that often."

"Oh." Makes sense now why the neglected lantana in the HortPark grew into such a huge bush by the open drain.

Note to self : Water extremely rarely for lantana. Should resort to God's juice as much as possible, and never fertilize. I note that when I bought a grow bag of it, the mix given by World Farm was well-draining soil with sand mixed in.

Stem cuttings seem to work. Should cut at least 5 cm of green growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!