Sunday, February 10, 2013

Goodbye Chilli plant

Mutter gave me the chilli plant from her balcony. It was one of several chilli plants that she was growing. I put it in the L-shape where it gave me nothing except whiteflies. LOADS of whiteflies. Until I have become extremely obsessive and made my own natural insecticide. But it didn't work, instead new leaves were developing furry white stuff near the veins.
Yet everyday I held out hope that it would give me chillis one day. But recently I observed the leaves starting to curl up more and more towards the veins. Researching online, I found out that the whiteflies had given the chilli plant a bacterial disease. It was either I remove the chilli plant or watch as the whiteflies continue their rampage onto my tomato and sweet potato cuttings (which they have). 

So I made the painful decision of throwing away the chilli plant. I will be growing marigolds and nasturtiums in the garden to combat the white flies and spider mites (I think I have them too. urgh). Ah yes and thrips, which I have found on my edamame plant at the L-shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!

Because Gardening makes me wanna Dance! Thanx for visiting!!!